Training regimes & therapies
Click below for a summary of each:
- Pilates Mat Work
- Pilates Equipment
- Personal Fitness Training
- Ante- and post-natal exercise
- Exercise for the older person and rehabilitation exercise
- Weight training and body conditioning
- Relaxation and meditation
- Remedial and sports massage
- Weight Loss
- Zero Balancing
- My professional team can also offer classes in yoga, life coaching, reflexology and kinesiology.
Remedial and Sports massage
Sports massage is chiefly focused on maintaining the active body in better physical condition, preventing injuries and loss of mobility, boosting athletic performance and endurance and restoring mobility to injured muscle tissue. It aims to extend good health and the general life of one’s “athletic career” by using deeper, more focused pressure, friction and compression strokes of massage.
The breaking up of muscle spasm may sometimes be painful but by contrast, the general massage is beneficial as it relaxes tensions and helps to speed up the body’s natural healing process.
Remedial massage/Swedish massage also uses deep massage strokes but mainly longer and more gently relaxing to ease aches and pains and facilitate healing, rejuvenate circulation, stimulate lymphatic drainage and promote a sense of peace, deep relaxation and well-being.