Training regimes & therapies
Click below for a summary of each:
- Pilates Mat Work
- Pilates Equipment
- Personal Fitness Training
- Ante- and post-natal exercise
- Exercise for the older person and rehabilitation exercise
- Weight training and body conditioning
- Relaxation and meditation
- Remedial and sports massage
- Weight Loss
- Zero Balancing
- My professional team can also offer classes in yoga, life coaching, reflexology and kinesiology.
Weight training and body conditioning
Weight training incorporates barbells, dumbells, kettle bells or one’s own body weight to add extra resistance to a muscle to increase its strength.
Body conditioning may also involve weights and one’s own body mass as resistance but of a lighter load and using more repetitions of an exercise to enhance the endurance quality of a muscle. (These muscle fibres tire less quickly than strength-trained muscle fibres).The effect is to produce longer, leaner muscle groups with less bulk.
Often, a PT regime uses both training variations to gain a balance in the body between strength and endurance, depending on the need of each individual.