Training regimes & therapies
Click below for a summary of each:
- Pilates Mat Work
- Pilates Equipment
- Personal Fitness Training
- Ante- and post-natal exercise
- Exercise for the older person and rehabilitation exercise
- Weight training and body conditioning
- Relaxation and meditation
- Remedial and Sports massage
- Weight Loss
- Zero Balancing
- My professional team can also offer classes in yoga, life coaching, reflexology and kinesiology.
“Pilates develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit.” JOSEPH PILATES
Pilates is derived from a body-conditioning routine designed by Joseph Pilates (born 1883 in Dusseldorf). He developed a system of exercises during the first half of the 20th Century which was intended to strengthen the human mind and body.
Pilates develops longer,leaner muscles and a strong bodily core or centre(tones abdominals while strengthening the back) and
helps build flexibility, strength and endurance and emphasises spinal and pelvic alignment. It improves coordination, balance, breathing and mind/body connection.
Pilates exercises allow for modifications in the range of difficulty from beginners to advanced and is especially gentle but effective for rehabilitation after injury or surgery and is particularly recommended by physiotherapists for those with back problems. It encompasses all levels of fitness and can challenge elite athletes and sportspeople as well as aiding easier movement in older people.