Training regimes & therapies
Click below for a summary of each:
- Pilates Mat Work
- Pilates Equipment
- Personal Fitness Training
- Ante- and post-natal exercise
- Exercise for the older person and rehabilitation exercise
- Weight training and body conditioning
- Relaxation and meditation
- Remedial and sports massage
- Weight Loss
- Zero Balancing
- My professional team can also offer classes in yoga, life coaching, reflexology and kinesiology.
Relaxation and meditation
Relaxation and meditation involves teaching clients to be mindful of their actions, whether in movement or at rest, and to allow the mind and body to find space and peace within. Being at peace can calm the “chatter” in one’s head and release the stress of functioning in the modern world.
Various techniques may be used, from simple muscle release exercises, deep breathing exercises or visualisation exercises and may not always be in a seated or supine position but sometimes during movement.
I teach various versions of mind and body relaxation exercises usually at the beginning of an exercise session to prepare the mind and body for focusing or at the end to relax the mind and body after a workout although sometimes such techniques offered during an exercise can enhance the depth and flow of an individual’s performance.